LED Downlight Installation in Brisbane
It is widely accepted that LED lights have become one of the most popular options when it comes to lighting solutions. Known for their versatility and adaptability, LED lights are energy efficient (high output, low energy consumption), incredibly long-lasting, eco-friendly, and even come in a range of colours.
They have become the superior choice in Brisbane for both interior and exterior purposes to traditional fluorescent and incandescent lighting options. One popular use of LED lights is downlights. But what exactly is downlighting?
“LED downlight” is simply a term that describes the positioning of the lights – typically within a ceiling or cabinet cavity (recessed downlights) – which provides optimum illumination for the area directly below it.
LED lights are first inserted into an intumescent (used for fire protection) material, which protects the surrounding areas from potential electrical damage. The lights are then installed to face downward, thus the name “downlight”.
Take your Brisbane home to the next level by installing LED downlights. Not only will you use less electricity, but your lighting will be more efficient. LED lights are directional in nature and don't waste energy and heat by producing light that emits to all angles. Installing LED downlights in your kitchen, bathroom, or office creates a sophisticated home environment that's sleek and modern without losing the cozy feeling you enjoy. Contact us and let us upgrade your home's lighting today. We can't wait to meet with you!
Thinking of making the change to LED downlights?
Click here to contact us.
Downlighting has a number of useful functions and applications. Some popular options that our Brisbane clients have utilized are:
- Kitchen or food prep area: LED lights placed above countertops can brighten some dark kitchen workspaces and help when preparing food or reviewing recipes.
- Office or homework desk: Any area where people need to focus on reading, writing or paperwork is an optimum location for LED lighting.
- Workspace: Overhead illumination is important for making repairs or tinkering on projects in a shed or garage workshop.
- Spotlight: LED downlights are a perfect option for showcasing a specific item or area, from shelves to wall art.
- Mood lighting: Since LED lights have dimming capabilities, you can create whichever atmosphere is preferred for each area.
While these are some common applications, there are countless more available to customize the lighting and create the perfect LED downlighting solution for your Brisbane home or business.